Its here.
This morning Chickasaw county reports our first COVID-19 case. It was a matter of time, you could watch on the map the cases were creeping closer and closer every day.
We are on week 3 of being home and initially today was the day I was to return to work. The shut down has extended at this point 4 more weeks. The kids are extended as well and are still set to return to school next month. The missed weeks of school as of right now are not mandatory to be made up. It's been said that I'd there is another extension school will not resume this year. There are a lot of questions that go along with this! We are trying to put in place online learning at this time. Currently at this very moment my 5th grade daughter is in tears because she is so unsure of what she is doing. It really is taking a role on everyone!
I have spent the last 5 days with a pinched nerve in my shoulder. I broke down yesterday, after two trips to the chiropractor, and went to a walk in clinic in Waverly. There are positive reports of Covud-19 there so I felt like I was walking into a warzone. In all reality the hospital was quiet. Some muscle relaxers and antiimflamatory medications should have me on the rebound soon. This couldnt be stress related?
Groceries are interesting at this point in the game. There is not a bottle of antibacterial soap to be found anywhere! Toilet paper and paper towels are scar ce! I have information that the "truck" comes to Dollar General on Thursdays so a smart person would shop there on Thursday afternoons and may have better luck!
Statistics at this time are as follows: the United States report 364,397 cases with 19,414 deaths. Iowa reports 946 cases with 25 deaths at this time. It has been reported that if everyone were to quarantine we are projected to loose 200,000 people in our country. This is a very scary projection!
One day at a time! We will take this as it comes and continue to stay home and wash hands often.
We are on week 3 of being home and initially today was the day I was to return to work. The shut down has extended at this point 4 more weeks. The kids are extended as well and are still set to return to school next month. The missed weeks of school as of right now are not mandatory to be made up. It's been said that I'd there is another extension school will not resume this year. There are a lot of questions that go along with this! We are trying to put in place online learning at this time. Currently at this very moment my 5th grade daughter is in tears because she is so unsure of what she is doing. It really is taking a role on everyone!
I have spent the last 5 days with a pinched nerve in my shoulder. I broke down yesterday, after two trips to the chiropractor, and went to a walk in clinic in Waverly. There are positive reports of Covud-19 there so I felt like I was walking into a warzone. In all reality the hospital was quiet. Some muscle relaxers and antiimflamatory medications should have me on the rebound soon. This couldnt be stress related?
Groceries are interesting at this point in the game. There is not a bottle of antibacterial soap to be found anywhere! Toilet paper and paper towels are scar ce! I have information that the "truck" comes to Dollar General on Thursdays so a smart person would shop there on Thursday afternoons and may have better luck!
Statistics at this time are as follows: the United States report 364,397 cases with 19,414 deaths. Iowa reports 946 cases with 25 deaths at this time. It has been reported that if everyone were to quarantine we are projected to loose 200,000 people in our country. This is a very scary projection!
One day at a time! We will take this as it comes and continue to stay home and wash hands often.
Comments
Post a Comment